Management Systems Development Organization
It was inevitable to implement management systems having international validity for the continuance and efficiency of the success and rapid growth following the establishment of AKTUR.
Integrated Management Systems
Following the implementation of the management systems having international validity, initially some standards have been adopted and then they have been widely taken into operation.
The establishment of 16 facilities has been completed, ISO 9001 has started to be implemented in 2004 in 12 of them, passed to the application of OHSAS 18001 in 2005 and to the application of ISO 14001 standards in 2009 and simultaneously, Total Quality Management Philosophy has been adopted in 2004. The Management Systems Development Organization, which has implemented integrated management systems and therefore undertaken the development initiative as integrated with the R&D team, has been formed.
QHSE Policies Under The Foundation Corporate Values
AKTUR’s Corporate Policy for Quality, Health and Safety, Environment – QHSE has been built on three corporate values.
- Customer Satisfaction: To offer high qualified logistics solutions to the customers and their customers.
- Motivation of Personnel: To reveal the potential within the individuals.
- Operational Perfectness: To meet the expectations and to continuously develop the process and services in order to offer services beyond the expectations.
- This entails achieving highest level of customer satisfaction through a strategic outlook on customer relations, and by meeting customers’ expectations.
- Innovations are adopted quickly and effectively to processes in order to become and maintain the status of the leader in the industry.
- Service diversity and quality is increased to remain always one step ahead of the competition, through employment of new business models and continuous improvement of procedures.
- This entails provision of superior solutions to customers by enabling the employers in all processes.
Occupational Healt & Safety Policy
- Provides and maintains safe facilities, operation and work conditions to its employees, visitors, and suppliers,
- Offers its employees, suppliers, and visitors trainings and appropriate information to ensure efficient and responsible execution of all operations,
- Prioritizes employee health and occupational safety within the framework of planning and decision making,
- Carries out assessments, research, and expends efforts to minimize the impact of business operations on employee health and work safety,
- Establishes and maintains emergency action procedures applicable to risks (earthquake, fire, flood, civil-defense, leakage-dispersion, product recall etc.) and the means to ensure uninterrupted flow of business,
- Assumes legal requirements as minimum standards, and complies with legal and other obligations in force with respect to occupational health and safety.
- Carries out necessary activities for the prevention of injuries and health hazards, as well as continuous improvement of OHS management and OHS performance.
- Determines OHS targets and executes necessary activities to achieve these targets, reviewing targets periodically.
The essential principles guaranteed to be applied by AKTUR within the scope of the environment policy in order to leave a cleaner, better world for the next generations by protecting the environment, using the natural sources with maximum saving and efficient and avoiding the pollution are as follows;
- Encouraging all employees from upper management to the lowest in the hierarchy to act with an awareness of joint responsibility and to play an active part in environment-conscious operations, by providing them environment-related trainings,
- Establishing a continuously improved system that determines the environmental risks to occur during the operations, and that ensures legally acceptable disposal of these risks,
- Implementing a resource management system that covers both natural resources and other resources, through a sustainable development perspective,
- Complying with all legal regulations in force,
- Implementing, maintaining, and improving an Environment Management System compliant with ISO 14001 Standard in line with the specified aims and targets.
Customer Complaint Policy
- To handle customer relations with a strategic approach, meeting customer expectations and maintaining customer satisfaction at the outmost level;
- To resolve customer complaints within 24 hours, to finalize these resolutions efficiently and effectively and keep the customer informed regarding the complaint process, to comply with legal regulations, to perform its financial liabilities against customers and provide relevant resources.
- Considers all needs of its customers and the legislation of the country in which it operates as a minimum requirement in all steps of its services.
- Provides quality services and also operates effectively on the issues with regards to employees’ health, environmental protection, safety of people affected by customer property and processes and carries out continuous improvement works.
- Maintains and improves behavior oriented safety system within the scope of HSSE (Health, Safety, Security, Environment), monitors employees’ behaviors, provides feedback and guidance.
- Bans its employees from using alcohol and drugs (medication that shall cause loss of concentration) during working hours and maintains present controls over non-usage
- Continues its work to prevent all products of service along with hazardous substances to be sabotaged or damaged and to protect all people affected by the processes from existing risks and obtains essential information from its service users for this work.
- Enables the employees to take part in the operations, follows up and evaluates HSSE procedures, takes measures in relation to noncompliance and continuously improves them.
ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Systems Policy
AKTUR is committed to;
- Provide support to set up, improve, extend food safety management system,
- Store and carry food products safely for its customers in line with their demands,
- Ensure food safety policy to be understood and adopted by all its employees at all levels,
- Perform its works to minimize food safety risks and to guide and train its employees in that respect,
- Follow up legislations in its service areas and ensure a permanent compliance, to understand customer demands and expectations and to continue its work in that respect, to assess customer demands and requirements and take them into account whilst improving the system,
- Sets targets with respect to continuance and improvement of food safety management system and provide the organization with necessary support and resources in order to achieve these targets
The primary guidelines AKTUR undertakes to implement within the framework of employee, customer, and work security policy are:
- Protecting the health and security of the employees, customers, and the public,
- Ensuring security in the environment,
- Establishing and maintaining both emergency action procedures regarding risks (theft, civil defense, leakage-dispersion, product recalls etc.), and the facilities to ensure the continuity of work.